27 October 2010

Even a Hypocrite Can Praise Him

David was called "a man after God's own heart," but if you read the Psalms, you might observe while being very good at worshipping the Lord, he was also a big ol' whiney baby.  With a great big slice of humble pie, I generally refer to such people as hypocrites.  I won't claim to be an expert at worship, but I sure can whine.  Yesterday was no exception.


Tiny was up early ~ and by early, I mean before the other side of the planet went to bed ~ the Tot wasn't far behind her at O'dark-thirty.  My journal had a whooping four words in it before they interrupted my quiet time.  Later, I started again with the date, "10.26.2010" and the words, "Take 2" even though Tiny was still crying herself to sleep.  Her crying woke up the Tot.  Great.  Back to keeping one quiet while the other sleeps ~ have I mentioned we live in a little duplex with thin walls???  Ugh!


By 3:30, Tiny still hadn't taken a nap, so I packed up both littles and headed to the sanctuary!  (Check out my posting: Maybe You go for Skinny, I Go for Sanity to hear more about that).  Nothing soothes a bad day like some time away ~ even if it means almost drowning exercising.  


Still not quite soothed all the way, I unloaded my day on the daddyman before heading out to do some religious stuff. How's that for hypocritical!?!?!  After whining to my friends at church, I came home to a quiet house.  Sixteen hours after first complaining to God about wanting some time alone with Him, He granted the cry of my heart.  


This morning, I woke up 30 minutes before the Tot ~ just the amount of time I begged God to give me.  A dear friend came for tea and Farmers' Market apple butter (and she brought her Tot along to occupy my littles!) Ahhh... #5 on my  Name them One by One list of blessings!  This was just what I needed to keep Tiny awake for the morning.  Skipping her morning nap meant that she and the Tot would be taking synchronized afternoon naps ~ another cry of my heart granted!


My point is this: I may be a hypocrite, but I serve a mighty God, and He still shows up when I cry out.  Actually, when I cry out, He shows up in a big, big way.  It's Plain & Simple As That.

No comments:

Post a Comment