12 October 2010

Breaking Up With My Addiction


You remember him... that boyfriend that you knew wasn't "the one," but your heart wouldn't let you end it.  

So, one day, you did it.  You called him up and dropped the dreaded, "I just want to be friends" line.  But really, who can be "friends" after dating?  

That's how I feel about Diet Coke.  It's been fun.  I've savored every single cherry flavoured, lime flavoured, Sonic iced of carmel coloured, carbonated, aspertame.  I've enjoyed the conversation accompanied with Chips & Salsa, Popcorn, PB&J sandwiches, and yes, even the occasional salad.  

I've tried to end it before, but I keep running back to my beloved 24-pack of silver cans.  When the top shelf of the fridge is empty, it's like a part of me is missing.  

Is this the last time?  Is it really over forever?  It needs to be.  

The last 4.275 days (if we're counting) have been filled with headaches, chills, and then a freedom that only comes from being released from something that has controlled me for far too long.  

Good bye Diet Coke.  Maybe we can still be Facebook Friends. ~ It's Plain & Simple As That

1 comment:

  1. As a kid, drank TONS of the stuff. Quit "the juice" after college and had the same withdrawals... Now I only have it on rare occasions.

    My point: Hang in there, you too CAN be free! So proud of you!

    ReplyDelete