11 February 2011

How A Sharpie Saved My Marriage - or at least my favorite jeans

I may be just a weensy bit passive aggressive.

Here's my side of the story: I appreciate help around the house, but not help that isn't done MY way (as if there was another way). One day, I was in tears (you know, the stupid I-don't-know-why-this-is-making-me-cry tears).

You see, I married a sweet man who loves to do stuff around the house: shovel snow, fix appliances, do the dishes (fly-ladies would love my man), air up my tires, mow the yard, paint stuff, change diapers, hang pictures, assemble furniture, move heavy boxes, and yes, even "help" with laundry.

I had gently asked him "not to worry about my laundry," but I think he thought I meant, "oh Honey, you do so much other stuff, you don't need to do the laundry. I'll take care of it." What I really meant was, "Please Dear, keep your man-paws off my DANG Levis." I can laugh about this now, but at the time, I was pretty mad. I have enough trouble getting my jeans on when they are clean. I don't need to extra challenge of wiggling into jeans washed in hot water and dried on anything warmer than "delicate."

This particular day, my jeans must have been exceptionally "clean," and it was affecting my mood.  So, rather than address the issue as an adult, I just whipped out the Sharpie to prevent a reoccurance.


For the record. I do my own laundry now, and I'm happy with that. ~ It's Plain & Simple As That. 

****UPDATE**** It has been brought to my attention that I need a sharpie with spell check! I'll work on that. 

5 comments:

  1. LOL!!! Too funny :) Yes, Dan learned long ago to let me do my own laundry. It works for us, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do my own laundry. Earl will start the kids' laundry and the towels but NEVER my clothes.. he knows it makes me mad.. love the Sharpie idea..really love it..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great way to get the point across! I needed a smile after all this snow and cold weather this week on the farm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHAHA!!! Good catch! I'm an engineer.. not a speller! Luckily, my husband can't spell either. This week, I spelled "desert" with two dessert. Totally different word! :)

    ReplyDelete